Sunday, June 03, 2007

Mozzarella Magnifica!

Holy cow - yesterday we went to the farmer's market that's literally 100 yards from our apartment. It happens on Wednesdays and Saturdays, and it was packed. And my goodness. We got fresh vegetables and fresh bread. Both of which were outstanding - super fresh, super tasty, and full of real vegetable taste. And then there was the mozzarella. I've had a lot of good cheese in my time. But nothing has compared to this - it must have been in the buffalo the day before. Unlike virtually all the mozzarella I've had in the US, this had such flavor - a tangy cheese-ness that was unreal. Man. I don't know how I'm going to go home to Target and Harris Teeter now.

In other news, we went out yesterday to run some errands (after the farmer's market) and we discovered M-Ville. So there's the grocery chain Migros (which I wrote about earlier). Turns out they have this shopping center which is essentially a mini-Ikea, Linens-n-Things, Lowes, Circuit City, and grocery store all rolled into one. We bought a toaster, two pre-paid mobile phones, and a bunch of groceries. All at one place!

Coming soon - all the cool things they have here that they don't have in America.

No comments: